I cannot register books

Forum » Newbies | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Hello to everyone! I'm trying to register a book on sale on Amazon, with regular ISBN. No way, I keep on receiving a message of error. I'm blocked.
I have no idea about what I can do now.
The book exists and it's on Amazon, but the system of bookcrossing doesn't accept it.
Thank you in advance for your help

Hello to everyone! I'm trying to register a book on sale on Amazon, with regular ISBN. No way, I keep on receiving a message of error. I'm blocked.
I have no idea about what I can do now.
The book exists and it's on Amazon, but the system of bookcrossing doesn't accept it.
Thank you in advance for your help

Hi , welcome to bookcrossing. It sounds like you are maybe hitting the time when a bug is affecting the search system . See here https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/561548

For best results stick to the times stated. Also Google search and using title rather than isbn often brings up better results. If all else fails try skip search , manually input the book details ( leave isbn empty) It may not allow you a book cover on at that point but you can go back and do that at the times stated in the thread. These problems are temporary and the technical team are aware, hopefully it will be resolved soon and you'll be able to enjoy bookcrossing at its best :-)

I´ve trying everything and can´t register books.... this problem is about 1-2 weeks now and continues....:(

I´ve trying everything and can´t register books.... this problem is about 1-2 weeks now and continues....:(

Try to put yourself all the details of the book (without ISBN) through the "Skip".
After you get the BCID, you can add the ISBN (without spaces and - though).

secretpink123 6 mos ago
Hi
Is there anyone who is near Hampshire???
I would like to find some books, but there aren't any near me!!!
And because of Covid-19 I can't go to the places were the books I want are.

wingGoryDetailswing 6 mos ago
RE: Hi
Hi, secretpink123, and welcome! The pandemic has caused lots of people to stay home, and so there are fewer wild books out there than there were. If the "go hunting" pages don't show any recent releases near you, you could try looking online for other types of book-swap sites in your area - the Little Free Library map shows an LFL in Winchester, Hampshire, for example, and there may be other sites that list things like the Phone Box Libraries in the UK. If none of those are within easy (and safe!) travel-distance, you may have to wait until things ease up. Or check out the (Not So) Random Acts forum for the possibility of exchanging books by mail; browse the threads there to see what's going on, and to find out if it's something you'd be interested in.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.