Wrong image and deleting a book

Forum » Newbies | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Hiya, I have two questions... First of all, I accidentally uploaded cover photo from wrong book (another one I was registering at the same time) and now even if I use the update cover -option, the original one is showing in the page (but if I click the image, the new one appears in the 'big image'). Is there anything I can do?

Also, last time I registered books, for some reason the system registered one book twice - can I delete the 'wrong' book from my profile and keep the one I ma releasing?

Hiya, I have two questions... First of all, I accidentally uploaded cover photo from wrong book (another one I was registering at the same time) and now even if I use the update cover -option, the original one is showing in the page (but if I click the image, the new one appears in the 'big image'). Is there anything I can do?

You could wait awhile; sometimes it takes time for the image updates to kick in. But I've also seen suggestions to try uploading the new image in a different format - that is, if you uploaded a .jpg, try using a .png, or vice versa. I haven't done this myself but it does seem to force the site to update the image right away. Worth a shot!

Also, last time I registered books, for some reason the system registered one book twice - can I delete the 'wrong' book from my profile and keep the one I ma releasing?

You can't delete a book, but you can edit the details of the duplicate and use that BCID for a different book. (Or just get another copy of the same one {wry grin}.) You could also just ignore it, leaving the duplicate on your shelf, but when this happens to me I like to recycle the extra BCID for the next book I register.

This happens to me too - having the book pop up with two numbers. How do you go about using one of the numbers for a different book?

This happens to me too - having the book pop up with two numbers. How do you go about using one of the numbers for a different book?

When you want to register a new book just go into the incorrect/duplicate bcid. You will see links - edit details allows you to change the information to your new book and update cover allows you to change the picture. If the correct cover does not come up for your new book you can upload the picture yourself by downloading from another site. Some people use Google images, Goodreads and various other sites to find the correct image. I have even used bookcrossing.com and searched others books to find the correct image for mine.

Hope this helps :-)

Thanks!

Ugly_Pheebs 1 yr ago
Thanks!
The image problem sorted itself out the following day :)

I would have never thought about using the same BCID for another book, so thanks for the tip! I'll do that.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.