New BookCrossing challenge!

Forum » Newbies | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Hello fellow BookCrossers! I came up with a challenge for any book crossers who want to have some extra fun with BookCrossing. I got connected to BookCrossing through a really good book called Book Scavenger. This book was inspired by BookCrossing. If you haven't read this book, please do before you try this challenge. The challenge is to get and hide (Yes, I do mean hide) a popular book. When you make a wild release note, make a clue, post it on your release note, and post that you've released a book on this page, with the name of the book. MAKE SURE YOUR CLUE WILL HELP OTHERS FIND THE BOOK. I'll be posting books as soon as I can. Thanks!

Sounds like a fun idea for a challenge. Some BCers already do this kind of thing - that is, release books in less-than-obvious places, with the release notes providing info and/or photos showing where to look, though most of us release books where people are more likely to stumble across them. (I could certainly do some of each!)

You may want to post your challenge in the Release Challenges forum, which is set up for that purpose - and perhaps include something about Book Scavenger in the subject line, to attract attention from BCers who've encountered Book Scavenger before. (I have a copy of the book myself but haven't read it yet; perhaps I'll use it in your challenge!)

I read that book! it's one of my favorite books! its part of series. I only have one left to read and I will have read the whole series! :) this challenge sounds just like that club Emily belongs to. I can't wait to start hiding books!

Hey, I just finished that book like 5 minutes ago, read the end Q&A part that mentioned this site, and- well- here I am!!!

girlgeniusAJ 11 mos ago
YAY!
Oh yay! That's exactly how I got connected to BC:)!!

I read that book, it's really good!!! It's the main reason I started this

That is how I found out about this too!

Hello fellow BookCrossers! I came up with a challenge for any book crossers who want to have some extra fun with BookCrossing. I got connected to BookCrossing through a really good book called Book Scavenger. This book was inspired by BookCrossing. If you haven't read this book, please do before you try this challenge. The challenge is to get and hide (Yes, I do mean hide) a popular book. When you make a wild release note, make a clue, post it on your release note, and post that you've released a book on this page, with the name of the book. MAKE SURE YOUR CLUE WILL HELP OTHERS FIND THE BOOK. I'll be posting books as soon as I can. Thanks!

I haven't read this book, I'll have to do some research :O)

It is like the best series there is. Has anyone read the whole series?

I would like to participate. Can I make use ciphers or codes in my clues? Also, it would be nice to have this challenge with the other release challenges. I also discovered BookCrossing through Book Scavenger!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.