Keeping Track on books I released but didn't register

Forum » Newbies | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Hello, not new but I still haven't found a way to keep track of the books that I found and made a journal entry but we're not registered by me. Is there a way to have a overview? Because even though there aren't my books it would still be nice to see if someone picked them up where I left them.

Thanks

Hi! You should receive an email if someone finds and journals any books that are on your bookshelf, whether you registered them or got them from another BCer. The emails sometimes do go astray, and you can always check on your bookshelf if you want to. On your profile page there's a drop-down box with the caption "raconteur's books"; select "all books" from that list to see all the books you've registered or caught.

On the listing pages, there are links across the top for "all books", "to be read", "traveling" etc. - and there are also links for "found" and "caught". Click on "found" to see the books you've found that were released by other BCers, and "caught" to see books that you released and that were journaled by someone else.

Note that the site sometimes takes a while to update those links; I see that your profile page shows one book caught, while the "caught" link does not display any books. I found this one ( https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14817190/ ) by browsing your shelf - it had three journalers instead of one or two, so it seemed a likely candidate for a recent catch. It seems you only released it a few hours ago, so you should receive an email notification within the next 24 hours, and the "caught" link on your bookshelf page should show it eventually as well.

Oh, and congratulations on the catch!

Thank you for your great explanation!
And yeah. My first catch. Super excited!

On the listing pages, there are links across the top for "all books", "to be read", "traveling" etc. - and there are also links for "found" and "caught". Click on "found" to see the books you've found that were released by other BCers, and "caught" to see books that you released and that were journaled by someone else.

I just wanted to mention that the options "found" and "caught" are only available to those who have wings.
Registration date, title, author, category and released date are the options available for everyone.

So for those that don't have wings, it's possible to choose "possession: out of hands" and then look through the list to see which are still listed as "travelling" and who aren't.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.