Missing Book Covers

Forum » Newbies | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Having a blank book cover is one of my pet peeves. I always add a book cover if one doesn't appear for books that I register, however many times people send me books that I journal that are missing the cover image.

Do you think it would be appropriate for me to message the person who registered the book to ask if they can update the cover?

Do you know if there has ever been a feature request for anyone who has journaled a particular book to be able to change the cover image instead of only the member who registered the book being able to make an update?

... your shelf only, of the title, you will find an option to update the book's cover. This will only work for books on your shelf.

HTH!

... your shelf only, of the title, you will find an option to update the book's cover. This will only work for books on your shelf.

HTH!

Thank you , thank you, thank you iwillrejoice!!!

I was remembering that someone mentioned a way to update covers for books not registered by us a while ago. And I was trying to locate this post for sometime with no luck. Till now. So thank you very much for this tip!

I'm with originalslicey on that one. I hate blank or wrong virtual book covers!

This will only work for books on your shelf.

And they need to be 'in hands'.

This will only work for books on your shelf.

And they need to be 'in hands'.

Just found out this...

Still, better than nothing.

Wow, that's crazy!
I wish we could just do it from our bookshelf for books in hand without having to go through the Advanced Search, but that certainly helps!

Now I wish I had known this for other books I released that weren't registered by me. At least I can fix the ones in my possession now. Thank you!

I wish we could just do it from our bookshelf

You can also update covers from there. See 'update cover' link underneath details on each book.

You can also update covers from there. See 'update cover' link underneath details on each book.

That's only available for books you've registered, though.

That's only available for books you've registered, though.

Is it ? In that case from your bookshelf click on the book you wish to update and when it loads the update cover link shows there. I know this works because another bookcrosser explained it to me when I was frustrated with the wrong cover on someone else's book :-)

Wow, that's crazy!
I wish we could just do it from our bookshelf for books in hand without having to go through the Advanced Search, but that certainly helps!

I'm not sure it was even intended to work at all. It may be an accidental feature, so to speak.

I’m lost. Do you: click the top right magnifying glass, then select ‘Advance Search’, then click ‘Members’, then enter in your own user name into the Member Name field, then click ‘Search’, select your username, then click ‘all books’ and reload by ‘in hands’. ?

I’ve don’t all that, and selected the book (not one that I’ve registered, but one that is without a cover and is in ‘my hands’) but still can’t see an option to update cover. Help!

I’m lost. Do you: click the top right magnifying glass, then select ‘Advance Search’, then click ‘Members’, then enter in your own user name into the Member Name field, then click ‘Search’, select your username, then click ‘all books’ and reload by ‘in hands’.

Not quite.

Click the Magnifying Glass
Click ADVANCED SEARCH
Click ADVANCED again
Enter the BOOK TITLE in the field, and tick the checkbox for MY SHELF ONLY
Click SEARCH

This should pull up the book from your shelf that has the missing book title. In the book results that display, there will be four links at the bottom: Edit Book Details, New Journal Entry, Make Release Notes, and UPDATE COVER.

You want to click on UPDATE COVER, and voila!

Not quite.
Click ADVANCED SEARCH
Click ADVANCED again
Enter the BOOK TITLE in the field, and tick the checkbox for MY SHELF ONLY
You want to click on UPDATE COVER, and voila!

@originalslicey You're a star! Thank you!!!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.