Tagging Forwards

Forum » Newbies | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Are there any rules regarding how far forwards is acceptable when Tagging Forwards in a RABCK thread ?

Are there any rules regarding how far forwards is acceptable when Tagging Forwards in a RABCK thread ?

Each thread should have its own rules and guidelines set up. The ones I've participated in generally hold that you should not "tag forward" unless the person to be tagged has explicitly stated that as an acceptable option, either in their own forum post or by adding a "tag it forward" or "fill a wish for another BCer" entry to their wishlist. But if the thread includes an option for "tag it forward if nobody fills a wish within X days" or something of that sort, then just follow that guideline.

[For those puzzled about this - there are several "wishlist tag" threads in the RABCK forum, set up so that each participant can tag the previous poster with a book or other item from that person's wishlist. Tagging it forward means filling someone else's wish instead, as in "I tag thus-and-such with a tag-it-forward to Person-Whose-Wishlist-Book-I-Actually-Have".]

[For those puzzled about this - there are several "wishlist tag" threads in the RABCK forum, set up so that each participant can tag the previous poster with a book or other item from that person's wishlist. Tagging it forward means filling someone else's wish instead, as in "I tag thus-and-such with a tag-it-forward to Person-Whose-Wishlist-Book-I-Actually-Have".]

Thanks, I was actually wondering what this was all about.
Live and learn :-)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.