Promoting your own book?

Forum » Newbies | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Hi folks :)

I wanted to ask if there was a self-promotion thread? I recently published a book I wanted to describe and link to it in case it was interesting to anyone here but don't want to self-promote in the wrong spot/at all if it's frowned upon.

If self-promotion isn't in the spirit of any part of these forums, would offering a few free copies of my book to anyone interested in the (Not-So) Random Act of Kindness section of bookcrossing be appropriate?

Apologies if this has been asked before/ad nauseum - tried to find information through search/the FAQ but if the answer is out there I walked right past it!

Hi, and welcome! While BCers love books and are glad to discover new ones, and are happy to have authors participating here, it's nicer if the authors show some interest in BookCrossing for itself, not just as a way to promote their own work. (The FAQ has some items on this in the "Site Usage" section, fwiw.)

If self-promotion isn't in the spirit of any part of these forums, would offering a few free copies of my book to anyone interested in the (Not-So) Random Act of Kindness section of bookcrossing be appropriate?

That's a great way to offer your books - and/or you could register a few copies to wild-release in your area.

Good luck with your book!

Ah, all excellent to know. Thank you for the very helpful response!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.