looking for a book

Forum » Newbies | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
How do I go about getting a list together of book I am looking for---
How do I check the books I am looking for on other member's bookshelves-- hoping to get a book I really want to read

How do I go about getting a list together of book I am looking for---

I replied to your previous post about wishlists - that should address this part of your question.

How do I check the books I am looking for on other member's bookshelves-- hoping to get a book I really want to read

The site FAQ (see link under the "information" tab or here: https://www.bookcrossing.com/faqs ) has some information about this, though you may have to browse a bit to find it. I recommend the "site usage" section, with the question "Someone just sent me a private message requesting a book/offering a trade"; the answer has some helpful hints about trades in general.

If you're looking for a specific title, you can use the "search" feature to search on the title/author or specific ISBN, but if you find lots of matches you'll have to do some homework to see if any of those books are in the hands of someone who's interested in trading. This usually means clicking on each individual title and reading the final journal entries, which should tell you if the book's in someone's hands or not. If the book does seem to be in someone's possession, you can click on their profile to see if they're active on the site, if they said anything about welcoming or NOT welcoming trade requests, and if they have Private Messages enabled.

If you're interested in finding BC books but not necessarily specific titles, do check out the "go hunting" pages. You can see locations where books have been released within the last 30 days; not all of those books will still be there, but many might be, especially if the release zones are Official BookCrossing Zones (OBCZs), or other book-swap shelves, Little Free Libraries, etc.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.