How to journal a release to a charity book sale?

Forum » Release Techniques | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Hiya!

I'd love a little advice about how to handle a particular release: A woman in my neighbourhood has been running a charity book sale to raise funds for local hospice and palliative care. I have a stack of books that I have been releasing in the LFLs in the area, and I'd love to give her the remaining stack for her to sell. How should I journal the release? Should I create a zone for her? (Not her name, but maybe the name of her book sale?)

Any thoughts about how to handle this would be appreciated!

Or you can do a controlled release. After all you are handing them to her .What she does with them is beyond your control.
In the final release note you can then write something like: For her 'name' book sale.

Ah, ok, that makes sense. I've never done a controlled release, and presumed it was reserved for trades, etc., between members, but you're right that it might make sense in this instance. Thanks!

You're welcome.

As I see it, you don't know who'll pick them up so would do as wild. I do something like this...

https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12690410

...but that's just how I like to do it - don't think it matters too much.

I agree. A release to a charity should be a wild release. It's no different to leaving the book in a LFL and that's a wild release.
I make Controlled Releases when handing the book to the next reader and when releasing at a BC meet up. If the book then doesn't get picked up at the meet up, I take it home, delete the Controlled Release and if then releasing into the wild, LFL, Charity Shop, etc, make a Wild Release.

If its probably going to be a one off, I'd look to see if there is any existing Release Zones to release under.
Otherwise, I've created one, like Charity Garage Sale.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering: is it ok to create a release zone that isn't technically a location? Clearly the answer is yes!

Oooh, I love the little blurb in your release notes to explain BookCrossing to the finder! I'm definitely going to start doing that!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.