🇬🇧 CANCELLED Wednesday 29 April 2020: Leeds Meet

Forum » Conventions and Meetings | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
This is advance notice that the next Leeds Lunchtime Midweek Meet will be
on Wednesday 29 April 2020
for a couple of hours or so from 12 noon
in the Leeds City Museum Cafe, Millennium Square.
Everybody welcome :-)

21.3.20: Now I've added the Cancelled, I've also shortened the title so it still fits on one line. Between the two edits, I was seeing it as a huge yellow oblong - far too obvious . . . :-)

But I am saying that I won't be there!
As a 70+ oldie, leaving the house to travel to Leeds, or anywhere really, won't be happening for a while . . . .

But I am saying that I won't be there!
As a 70+ oldie, leaving the house to travel to Leeds, or anywhere really, won't be happening for a while . . . .

Except for exercise ;-)
Yes my hubby is in the vulnerable group so me thinks I will be having to do more shopping !

Except for exercise ;-)

I've never been very good at that bit!!!
Yes my hubby is in the vulnerable group so me thinks I will be having to do more shopping !

Good luck to you both :-)

SADLY DUE TO CURRENT SITUATION, WE NEED TO CANCEL OUR MEET-UPS TILL FURTHER NOTICE

Maybe we could do something online.

We live in strange times!!!

That's an idea :-D

I'll be available for an on-line meet-up - though you might have to talk me through what to do - I won't be in Florida as planned that's for sure!

I'll be available for an on-line meet-up - though you might have to talk me through what to do -

I don't use any of the possible/probable platforms, so you'll have to count me out, I think!
I won't be in Florida as planned that's for sure!

No, that's not happening, lass. Such a shame for you!

I don't use any of the possible/probable platforms, so you'll have to count me out, I think!

There are so many options nowadays... there is even meeting/teleconference software that can be used in your browser with no need to install anything. It's often as simple as clicking on a link.

There are so many options nowadays... there is even meeting/teleconference software that can be used in your browser with no need to install anything. It's often as simple as clicking on a link.

Don't you need a camera for that?

If you want to be seen, yes. Not if you only want to do 'voice chat', also known as talking.

People who own a smartphone can probably use that, in which case they can have both audio and video.

In the class I’m taking on Zoom, I can see a little thumbnail picture of those who have a camera. My computer doesn’t have one, so my little thumbnail space is blank. But I can hear and see the teacher and type in just like anyone else.

Me neither but I’m taking an online course in Zoom. They send me a link and I click on it. At the end of the session, it disconnects. Easy as that.

Me neither but I’m taking an online course in Zoom. They send me a link and I click on it. At the end of the session, it disconnects. Easy as that.

Zoom does work quite well. I've done a course where it was used and the person running it made us do it WITHOUT camera (which was lucky for me anyway) and I quite liked it like that.

No I'd planned to be abroad then too. Who'd of thought it eh?

That's an idea :-D

Ohh, maybe I could attend!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.