🇦🇺 Bookswap Game at The Gold Coast Convention

Forum » Conventions and Meetings | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Hi all attendees at the Gold Coast BC Convention in Oz.
I am organising The Book Swap Game which will be held on the Saturday morning at 10.00 a.m.
To take part please choose a book that you personally recommend to others and can talk about. The better the books, the better the game will be.
It should ideally be registered on bookcrossing and can be new or second hand, that does not matter.
You should wrap your book in some way, I have seen anything from beautiful material to T-Towels, to cotton bags, right down to brown paper, newspaper or a plastic bag. There will be a prize for the best dressed book however so have a go at being creative or imaginative.
As the game progresses through a sequence of reveal or steal (a book) you will be asked to unwrap your book and talk about it. You can talk from your personal experience or read the blurb from the back cover.
At the end of the game you end up with a different book from that which you started with and if you don't get the one you wanted you can ask to go on a bookring for it.
As the time slot allowed for this game is 1 hour we can have a maximum of 20 participants. Please sign up on this thread if you would like to take part.
Thank you, MissMarkey X

wingLadyIndigowing 8 mos ago
i'll play
;)

Can't wait!

Yes, please add me.

Thanks Janice, count me in. bronwyna

The time for the bookswap game has been brought forward by half an hour to 9.30 a.m.
I'm sure you guys won't mind getting up half an hour earlier for the greatest book game in the world!

Oooohhhh.... yes please! :)

I’ll think of a book!

14 still available.

Thanks for organizing this again!

Yes, please add me to the game.

Count me in.

We can have fun with that number but there are another 10 spaces if anyone else wants to join.

Put me on a reserve list, I'll play if I have a book!

There are probably a lot of books on book tables to chose from. :-)

Oh no! You don't pick just any book for the MissMarkey Bookswap. It must be one that has a permanent residence in your heart.

Going by the emotional sales pitches and elaborate wrappings I have seen from previous participants. It's like they are offering their first-born in the hope of an approving glance from Janice.

If your book doesn't offer a good promise of saving the world, melting the sternest of hearts, and/or spawning a generation project Hollywood franchise, you may as well leave it where it is. A book with enormous sales at the very least. Think Da Vinci Code or Fifty Shades of Grey.

Oh no! You don't pick just any book for the MissMarkey Bookswap. It must be one that has a permanent residence in your heart.

Going by the emotional sales pitches and elaborate wrappings I have seen from previous participants. It's like they are offering their first-born in the hope of an approving glance from Janice.

If your book doesn't offer a good promise of saving the world, melting the sternest of hearts, and/or spawning a generation project Hollywood franchise, you may as well leave it where it is. A book with enormous sales at the very least. Think Da Vinci Code or Fifty Shades of Grey.

That's exactly why I only a reservist!

Are you saying that the book tables at the conventions only hold less worthy books? ;-) I'm always finding favourites that I could stand to recommend.

and save the very best for the next Bookswap Game wherever and whenever it may be.
My offering was to have been The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse, a beautiful book that touched my heart, was read in half an hour but will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.