🇺🇸 BC-in-DC virtual get together - April 19

Forum » Conventions and Meetings | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
The March BC-in-DC gathering was cancelled in the interests of observing social distancing, and now the entire Washington, DC area is under "stay-at-home" orders, so we are going to try to have a virtual gathering on Sunday, April 19 at 1pm (EDT) via Zoom. If you would like to join the meeting, please send me a PM and I'll send you the link to the meeting.

Hi, I am new to using this club and would like to hang out with BCers to learn more about how to use the site. I am not understanding the catch and release idea exactly the how to do this. I get it is like a virtual lending library etc. But not the how to do it part. So I would like to listen to the conversation and learn. I am excited about your virual session. I have used zoom to connect with my knitting group.

I'll send you a PM later this evening.

Welcome! If you want pointers on wild releasing books, ResQgeek is your man! Before COVID-19 he released at least a book a day and had a lot of positive responses.

When things open back up again and you visit DC in the future, let us know and we can arrange to hang out with you and swap books. We love to do that with people coming through, be it from Sweden or Australia or Hawaii or wherever.

Would you send one to jessibud as well. She hosted me at her BC meetup when I was in Toronto, I'd love to have her attend our meeting...even if it is only virtual. Thanks!

Welcome, fritillary. Looking forward to meeting you online.

Sadly that is 5am over here. I do enjoy the idea of popping into bookcrossing meetups all around the world via zoom (not enough to get up that early though!!)

It's not that bad -- and seeing all the familiar faces on the screen helps!

The BC-in-DC virtual meeting is today at 1pm (EDT). I'm hoping the original link is still functional (some people got the date confused and tried to meet yesterday by mistake). If the link isn't active, I'll quickly create a new one and send it out to the BC-in-DC group and anyone else that I've contacted before, so check you email. If you would like to join us, please send me a PM.

for organizing and hosting this meetup. It certainly was a pleasure to "see' everyone today. I miss you guys so much! :(

I hope it was a success and that you'll be doing it again.

I think I can safely say that it was a smashing success! It was great to see each other and catch up. I just scheduled the Zoom meeting for our May meeting. If you'd like to join us, send me a PM and I'll be sure to send you the link for the meeting.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.