🇦🇺 Virtual BCGC

Forum » Conventions and Meetings | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Okay... so, I should now be in Gold Coast already. By now I would have met up with all the early arrivals, hugged a koala... and plenty of BCers, pet a kangaroo, visited a winery. Soon I will go back to my hotel to grab my books to bring to the book buffet.

I've actually bought a bottle of Jim Barry Shiraz for this weekend. Here's a toast to our excellent organizers, Romney, Skyring, RosieCanberra, Oozy67 (and Mr Romney?) I would love to time it to Australian time, but that would be a weird hour for me to be drinking.

And here's a big hug to all the attendees. So excited to see you all!

Oh shucks, thank you!

Cheers to you

A big hug back to you!

...get on everyones nerves to sign my meet up diary ! 😉🇦🇺
Cheers 🥂

wing6of8wing 6 mos ago
Hugs to all!
I am wrapped in a blanket trying to keep warm on my couch and stacking some books for the readathon tomorrow. And trying not to think about a room of warm BookCrossers or a nice warm Australian beach or a book buffet.

Fingers crossed big time for Finland 2021!

Oh, now we would have done this, oh now we would have done that.
Big hug to all of you and hang in there!
Hope everyone is healthy!

Oh, now we would have done this, oh now we would have done that.
Big hug to all of you and hang in there!
Hope everyone is healthy!

Yes, for us it‘s the same....that makes us a bit sad 😔. But this virtual meeting was a big comfort- such a great idea. But we missed to make the -formal- vote for 2022 !?! 😉
Hugs to you all, stay healthy.

Oh yeah, we did...🤔

Oh yeah, we did...🤔

There didn’t seem to be one. Maybe it is on Sunday....

Lovely to see you all on screen today, thanks to meganh for hosting and keeping everyone in order. So sad not to be with you all this weekend. I was one of the Amsterdammed and now I guess we are all Lockdowners! Fingers crossed for Finland!

It was great to see everyone online last night. I would obviously have preferred to have been on the Gold Coast.

It was great to see everyone online last night. I would obviously have preferred to have been on the Gold Coast.

Yup. I don't want to think about the missed Convention too much right now: it makes me sad.

It was a good time to have a drink. Megan certainly had a glass of red in her hand, and a few others were imbibing.

Yes, it’s sad not to have a physical get together and do all the BookCrossing things. But I am so much happier that everybody is safe and healthy.

P

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.