🇺🇸 National Book Festival - available free online

Forum » Conventions and Meetings | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
The BC in DC meetup group traditionally attends the National Book Festival in Washington, DC and releases books in person. This year the National Book Festival is online and available for open registration to everyone. Thanks MomOyster for the heads up!

Children and teen programs are on Friday, September 25th while adult and other content is scheduled for Saturday, September 26th.

Feel free to 'attend' the festival in this special year where it's open to the whole country. Featured speakers include Amy Tan, John Grisham, former first lady Laura Bush, former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, and biographer Walter Isaacson.

https://www.loc.gov/---/about-this-event/

Videos from 2019 are available online and includes a discussion with late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

I couldn't tell at first glance, it is free to sign up, or is there a fee? Thanks.

I could not find any mention of a fee anywhere! I'm going to do a full look around on Friday and Saturday and look for all of the new content and probably explore some of the old. And maybe share some of my pictures from years past ... does anyone remember when ... about 10 years ago or so ...

Now I have to check out the National Book Festival.

Yeah! More Book Lists for me to look for at my local library. (I've decided to show my appreciation for "grab and go" by increasing circulation for them!)

If you prefer not to register for the virtual platform, author presentations will be made available on loc.gov/bookfest and on the Library’s YouTube channel at youtube.com/loc. Content for children and teens will be posted starting Friday, Sept. 25 at 9 a.m., and content for adults will be posted Saturday, Sept. 26 at 9 a.m.

I'm off to see what my registration got me. LOL!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.