Recent Book Activity
The Thing Around Your Neck
The End We Start From
My Name is Leon
Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls
An Unremarkable Body
Whiter than Snow
The Inn at the Edge of the World
Reasons to Stay Alive
The Golden Legend
The Sacred Seven
Bryson's Dictionary of Troublesome Words
|4 weeks||all time|
|released in the wild||0||1,763|
|controlled releases caught||6||787|
|new member referrals||0||36|
I don't have internet access at home, so it can take me a day or two to reply to any PMs.
There is now an OBCZ in the Filmhouse Cinema cafe on Lothian Road. It's on the right hand side as you enter the cafe.
There are also a few Little Free Libraries. One outside the Glasshouses in the Botanic Gardens, one in Teviotdale Street (Stockbridge Colonies) and one on Scotland Street.
Holiday gift giving and NSS
I like to take part in the NSS and holiday gift giving that goes on in Bookcrossing. Just adding some likes to my profile as I've found it useful to have an indication of others people's likes when putting together a parcel.
* Always happy to have chocolate EXCEPT anything with walnuts (yick) or Nestle choc.
* Always happy to receive BC labels and stickers.
* Tea - always happy to receive tea - unless it is Rooibos!
* I love knitting socks so always happy to get 4ply sock yarn.
* I am now collecting used stamps for Macmillan Cancer Support. If you are sending me any please leave 1cm around the stamp when you remove it from the envelope. Any contribution, however small, is gratefully received, and will make a difference.
* I still cross stitch for the charity Love Quilts UK, but they are no longer accepting bulk envelopes of used stamps. See more about the charity here www.lovequiltsuk.com
This map shows where in the world books registered by me have travelled
img src="http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=map:fixed=-70,-180,80,180&chs=450x300&chf=bg,s,336699&chco=d0d0d0,cc0000&chd=s:99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999&chld=DZ|EG|MA|ZA|SZ|UG|AR|BR|CA|CR|CU|EC|PE|US|CN|IN|JP|IL|JO|KW|AE|MY|MN|NP|PK|LK|TW|TH|KI|AU|NZ|NR|VU|WS|GB|UA|CH|SE|ES|RU|RO|PT|PL|NO|NL|MT|LU|LV|IT|IE|IS|HU|GR|DE|FR|FI|DK|CZ|CY|HR|QI|BG|BE|BY|AT" width="450" height="300" >
visited 65 states (28.8%)
And this one shows which USA states they have travelled to.
images.weserv.nl/?... width="440" height="220" >
visited 40 states (80%)
Create your own visited map of The United States
2013.bcukunconvention.co.uk/" title="BookCrossing UK Unconvention 2013">images.weserv.nl/?... alt="BCUK Unconvention 2013, Leeds, 27th - 29th September" title="" width="300" height="100" />
For my Bookcrossing year 25 Feb 2007 to 24 Feb 2008 I challenged myself to get more countries on my map filled in by sending books to travel in new countries. I tried to get at least one book to one country each month. The rule was that the books had to be ones that I registered. I made it by the skin of my teeth with a book I released as a RABCK 2 years ago finally arriving in Brazil on 22 Feb.
March - Country 1, Luxembourg - Tuesdays with Morrie
April - Country 2, South Africa - A Confederacy of Dunces
May - Counry 3, Austria - Treasure Island (travelling there with the assistance of the lovely teapot)
June - Country 4, Ukraine - Secret Life of Bees
July - Country 5, Belgium - Wilt in Nowhere
August - Country 6, Japan - Under the Duvet
September - Country 7, Malaysia - The Olive Season
November - Country 8, Israel - Fantastic Mr Fox
December - Country 9, Cyprus - The Hard Way
January - Country 10, Kuwait - The Virgin Blue
January - Country 11, Sri Lanka - Two for the Dough
February - Country 12, Brazil - The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
For a previous Bookcrossing year, 25th Feb 2005 to 24th Feb 2006, I challenged myself to wild release 52 books in 52 different towns / villages. I completed the challenge on Saturday 18 Feb 2006.
1) Southport, Lancashire
2) Bowness on Windermere
5) Preston, Lancashire
6) North Berwick, East Lothian
8) Alloa, Clackmannanshire
9) Dollar, Clackmannanshire
12) Musselburgh, East Lothian
14) Washington, Tyne and Wear
15) Birtley, County Durham
16) Livingston, West Lothian
18) Chester-le-Street, County Durham
22) Moffat, Dumfries and Galloway
23) Penicuik, Midlothian
24) Blackburn, Lancashire
26) Alford, Aberdeenshire
28) Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
30) Linlithgow, West Lothian
31) Newcastle upon Tyne
32) Dalkeith, Midlothian
33) Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire
34) Ayr, South Ayrshire
35) Prestwick, South Ayrshire
36) Troon, South Ayrshire
37) Irvine, North Ayrshire
38) Stevenston, North Ayrshire
39) Saltcoats, North Ayrshire
40) Largs, North Ayrshire
41) Gourock, Inverclyde
42) Ardrossan, North Ayrshire
43) Kilwinning, North Ayrshire
44) Dunbar, East Lothian
45) Bishopton, Renfrewshire
46) Johnstone, Renfrewshire
47) Paisley, Renfrewshire
48) Port Glasgow, Inverclyde
49) Greenock, Inverclyde
50) Dumbarton, West Dunbartonshire
51) Helensburgh, Argyll and Bute
52) East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire